10 Things I Never Thought I Would Do Before I Became A Parent
1. Skip dinner dates with dad – I am fine with Friday night take-outs and wine and a movie. Do I need to put on mascara?
2. Let her sleep in our bed – I did it all. The ferberizing, the Cry it out. But now she’s almost two and I am tired. I just want to sleep, damn it!
3. Read the same books over and over and over again. (watch the same videos over and over again)
4. Be a total pushover – seriously. Have you met my boss? She is all of two years old and a total meanie, well sometimes anyway.
5. Tell random people about my kid – case in point “my blog”
6. Let her watch Elmo at dinner time- I gave in to Elmo when I figured out that six songs is all it takes to get food shoved down my picky eater throat.
7. Talk about nothing but potty for a whole week straight.
8. Allow someone to spit/puke on my hands (cause its way better than cleaning the carpet right?)
9. Take a shower with someone watching me and asking me a million questions “What are you doing?” “What is that?”
10. Fall so madly in love with someone (and be ok with the hubby falling for her too!)